I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by my fellow Blogger and talented children’s author Denise McCabe. It is so very nice to be part of a community of bloggers where we can share ideas, thoughts, opinions and much more. I am delighted and surprised to have been nominated. That Denise McCabe nominated me is indeed complimentary, I read and enjoy all her blogs and she is a great example for those interested in getting started. https://kidsstoriesblog.com/
How did I get into blogging?
As a prolific writer, it is something that came naturally to me. I took it as an opportunity to do what I feel I do best and that is to tell stories. Many people write blogs that offer advice, inspiration or are critiques for example. When I decided to blog, I stuck with that I know best. I chose to reflect on my life with perhaps a little humour, something I don’t so in my books which are much darker than my blog. The idea for me was to connect on a more personal level with readers, who I hope can connect with similar experiences and I also hope, come away with perhaps a smile in their heart. It is also an opportunity for readers to get a glimpse at my style and writing process from a very different perspective. I blog for fun mainly and as with my books, they are always written with the reader’s entertainment in mind.
Advice for new Bloggers?
If I am qualified to offer such a thing it is only through what experience I have writing my blog and from reading others.
- Simply put, don’t blog for yourself. Blog for your audience. The only reason I read others blog pieces is because I enjoy them. There are too many self-serving bloggers who simply want to hear their own voice. I think the ones that work best and the ones I return to are the ones I enjoy. Remember that when writing.
- Having said the above my second piece of advice is to decide what you want to write about. Think of who would want to read it and why, then just write for them.
To accept your award You Must:
- Write a post to show your award
- Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Give a brief story about why you started blogging
Here are some of my nominees in no particular order.
Enjoy and have fun out there and I do look forward to hearing from you.
REMEMBER TO EXPLORE THE WORLD OF MAX POWER ALL AVAILABLE ON KINDLEUNLIMITED SEE LINKS BELOW
Max Power’s books include, Darkly Wood, Larry Flynn Bad Blood and Little Big Boy
You can find more details about Max Power’s books here : –
Read free previews here;
Little Big Boy https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B00WRP0J8E&preview